During the holidays things are not quite the same. It's an exciting time for children, sometimes they aren't sleeping at home, there is company in the house, etc. Here are a few tips that we use which might help your child get to bed on time during this busy time.
1. Consistency....stick with your routine and approximate bed time (start about 20 mins before bed and brush teeth, pj's, washroom)
2. Story and song ...this gives them something to help focus the mind. We always do 1 story/3 songs.
3. A quick review of what will happen the next day.....ex."tomorrow when you get up..."
4. Alternate with your partner(if that is possible)...that way you will be fresh each night and more patient.
5. Breathing and visualization exercises....ex."take 3 deep breaths, picture yourself on the beach".
As part a contest through twittermoms.com and St. Eve Kids will will be offering a giveaway.
DramaU.net will be giving me a pink cozy to try and one as a giveaway for one of my readers. Leave a post below telling me one way that you get your kids to bed and you will be entered to win a cozy of your own from St. Eve Kids. (The Cozy is a blanket with sleeves that will fit most children)