I hope all is well. Sorry I haven't been posting very much lately. I've been a terrible blogger. hahaha
Recently I returned to work full time and have been working hard to integrate 39 Kindergarten children into my new classes. A little tired to say the least.
In addition, my daughter started school and has had some transition issues. Here are some tips to help your little boy or girl to like school.
- Remind your child that you will always come back.
- Focus on the positive. Talk openly about your child's feelings.
- Remind your child that everyone had a first day of school (ie. grandma, mom and dad).
- Make your child feel more secure. Walk or drive the bus route your child will take to school, especially in the days leading up to the first day of school.
- Security also comes from knowing what to do in different situations. Let the child know that he/she can always talk to the teacher and help facilitate a trusting relationship.
- Establish a routine and encourage positive behaviour.
- Read books like "The Kissing Hand".